Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to Transpant Clipping

Posted by sneed none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 9:13

My pumpkin plant is basically dead with a few healthy looking vine endings with orange flowers. Is there a way to transplant these small clippings and see if they grow?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to Transpant Clipping

Sneed, I've never managed to root a squash and get anything from it. If you can pile soil over the healthy part of the vines, they might root and grow. But unless you live in a subtropical area, I doubt there's time for them to produce anything.

George
Tahlequah, OK

o

I have some trimmings growing out of the compost. They got half covered with grass clipping not flowering health vine.

o

Well most of my vines now are actually "transplanted clippings" meaning that due to SVB damage, they are completely severed from the original vine, but have rooted so much along the vine that the plants are still healthy looking, and I hope when cooler temps arive (Im in Texas where its been in the 100s, and upper 90s for a while now) they will produce more fruit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here