Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Borers are Back!

Posted by iam3killerbs 7 NC Sandhills (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 7, 09 at 9:56

Having just replaced the mildew-laden, borer scarred veteran summer squash with my July planted hills (just developing their first female flowers now), the borers have come back.

This time they're after the winter squash (especially the Lumina pumpkins), as well.

Southeasterners check your squash. Bt and VIGILANCE!

;-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Borers are Back!

wow, ill go check outside, and spray if i see any.
Thanks for the warning

-Bradford

o

I found a few squash bug eggs too.

o

yeah i sprayed yesterday, and i did i big OOPSSS i sprayed during the day, when i should have sprayed at night, now my leafs are wilting, some but now all ugh this sucks

o

I found what I think is slug eggs on the soft part of the pumpkin where the flower used to be. Looks like 3 pieces of very small gel. slug or squash bug eggs? live in east Canada.

o

They are back in Central Virginia also. Saw that moth sitting on a lemon squash leaf this afternoon. It was 97 degrees so could not spray. Tomorrow SPINOSAD spray for all squash and pumpkin plants!! I am going to give them a top notch spray job!! No little misting here!!

DL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here