Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow Spotting on leaves - pics

Posted by peps22 6a East Mass. (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 10:39

Earlier this summer I had issues with under-fertilizing my potted butternut squash. It had no nitrogen, and the leaves turned yellow and died. I fertilize 1x a week with miracle grow tomato plant food, and the problem was solved. The yellowing of the older leaves stopped.

NOW, I have a new problem. These yellow "spots" on otherwise green leaves. They're like yellow dots. I dont see any bugs around the bottom of the leaf... Any ideas?

Picassa Album Link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow Spotting on leaves - pics

Looks fungal to me. If those were on my squashes I wouldn't be too concerned. Old leaves tend to get beat up as time goes by. If these yellow spots don't spread and kill the leaves, I'd ignore them.

o
RE: Yellow Spotting on leaves - pics

I think its fungal too, however there is no white stuff on the bottom of the leaf.

Unfortunately, its spreading. RIGHT when the first two female flowers have appeared. I've been spraying with Ortho Disease Control with little effectiveness.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here