Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pumpkin harvest so far.

Posted by Sid23 4b (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 12, 12 at 10:50

Pumpkins are coming early due to the heat and all the bugs I suppose. I needed to start harvesting before they take over. Found 2 nice pumpkins that had SVB right in the pumpkin. :0( These ones are nice though, curing them now so hopefully they will still be good in the fall! Ice cream pail at end of row so you can judge size of pumpkins.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pumpkin harvest so far.

Wow! Hope they will hang in there til fall decorating time! They look great! I guess you can always cook them up if they look like they are starting to rot. I don't know how long the pumpkins will last but probably you should keep them somewhere cool.

o

I really like the one second from the left, you should enter that in a fair. Most of those should make it because you seem to take good care of your pumpkins.

However if I were a betting man I'd say that at least the one on the left won't make it until Halloween. If you notice it is slightly paler and the stem is a pale green. That stem will collapse on itself and shrivel. Based on looks alone it is the least healthy of the pumpkins. However, they're all still such beautiful pumpkins.

o

I agree trev. That one had SVB in the main vine and the stem was going bad. It is still however a firm pumpkin and I check him in particular daily to see if I need to pitch him.

o

That one second from the left is simply a beutiful specimin. What variety are they? All the same or are there some different ones?

CH

o

• Posted by Sid23 4b, WI (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 17:50

Not sure I could tell you CH. Planted about 4 varieties and the vines are all over. That one came from the end of the patch with the Howden's but there are also squash growing on that end and those plants are 30 feet on the other side of patch. So could be any of the varieties just stretching out.

o

Beautiful!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here