Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
masondad

it is going to rot?

masondad
17 years ago

Hi all, I know this question must have been asked before, but I could not find it in the archives.

My son planted miniture punpkins near our house to surprise everyone when the grew. Being the mischievious dad, I replanted with large pumpkin. Needless to say my son was schocked when teh pumkins started growing. We have to large pumpkins (about 15 pounds) and several smaller one starting to grow. (Hopefully they will be ripe in Oct)

Well, here is my question, the vine on one of the larger ones broke yesterday. The pumpkin was only aboaut 6 weeks old. Will it rot, or will it ripen? should I leave it outside? Bring it inside? or throw it away?

Thanks for the help, my son is having so much fun watching them grow. Plus he is learning about female/male plants and pollination. We will definitely have a larger pumpkin garden next year.

one side note..... I tought the kid (8yrs) about how to pollinate a pumpkin plant, he did one and than ran in to tell his Mom..."Mommy, I pollinated for the first time" Mom, not being any kind of gardner... was a little scared of what he actually did....lol

thanks for the help

mark

Comments (3)

Sponsored