Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pumpking Patch Photos

Posted by iam3killerbs 7 NC Sandhills (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 3, 09 at 11:51

Here's mine, how about adding some of yours?

The pumpkin patch itself:
Photobucket

The 3 Sisters Garden:
Photobucket

Photobucket

The vines in this one are trying to make it impossible for DH to walk to his office door one one side and heading for the neighbor's fence on the other.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pumpking Patch Photos

Hi
This is a picture I took this morning of my pumpkin patch

Photobucket

And my three sisters from last season

Photobucket

Silvia

o

You've got some beautifully rampant vines there.

o

Thanks. In the first picture I have 2 different kinds of Chinese squash.
In the second picture I have corn, Jeminez beans and Delicata squash.

Silvia

o

Great looking plants!

Here are some of mine (on my own blog)

Here is a link that might be useful: Bahcehastasi

o

Nice pictures of squash rather further along than mine.

The bees have been busy with my squash flowers and I should have some new photos of the young squash themselves soon.

o

Sazji
I love your pictures! Nice to be gardening in Istanbul. Have you ever tried Seminole pumpkin? I grew it last season and gives tons of pumpkins. I have seeds if you and iam3killerbs are interested.

Chinese pumpkin, harvested yesterday

Photobucket

Seminole pumpkin, from last year

Photobucket

Silvia

o

I'm considering the seminole for next year. I'm not sure yet.

If I can get fresh seed from my vines this year I'll probably focus on my Watauga Pie Pumpkins. But I always plant more than one kind.

o

Silvia,

The Seminole you have does not look like the one in Amy Goldman's book or SSE. Where did you get the seed? I am also planting it this year and mine looks somewhat like I thought it was supposed to but mine appears to be more pear shaped. Will post a few pics later.

o

Hi festus

I got my seeds from Bakers Creek, and when I googled seminole, because I also have seen so many shapes and recently I saw one pear like you said, I found my own picture, lol
I have not seen Amy's book, it is my plan to buy it. If you like some seeds from the seminole I have, I can send them to you. Contact me through my email.

Silvia

Here is a link that might be useful: Seminole Pumpkin

o

Great pictures! I am growing pumpkins for the first time this year. Just some Jack Be Littles on a trellis, but it is going very well. Next season I am trying Baby Bear, but I would like to try a more compact carving pumpkin to ramble on the ground. Any suggestions?

I absolutely love seeing everyone's pictures. Keep on posting them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kim's Garden

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here