Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pumpkin Progress Update

Posted by football45013 none (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 12:22

So, I planted 2 Big Max seeds on June 9th and I just wanted to give an update on the progress. August 9th will be the 2 month anniversary of my planting. The picture pretty much explains everything. So far, so good. I haven't found any signs of diseases or infestation yet. The vine on the right is growing like crazy, while the left vine is just putting along, lol. But it has finally started to gain some momentum and is now starting to grow a little more each day. It's weird how one vine can grow like a weed, while another grows so sloooowww. Anyways, that's my update and hopefully things will continue to go smoothly. Well, I'll be back in another month for another update. Peace out!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pumpkin Progress Update

They look good, but small. Are they getting plenty of sun? Don't know your zone, but it seems like they could be bigger? Good luck with them. It's fun to grow pumpkins.

o
RE: Pumpkin Progress Update

I'm in Zone 6. They get over 6 hours of sun per day, which is what the packet recommended they get. I don't know why the vine on the left is so far behind in growth. I don't have much faith in getting anything out of that one. I just don't think it's going to mature in time before the first freeze hits.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here