Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long do pumpkins keep? And harvesting question

Posted by StephanieHS 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 12:55

Hey guys,

I'm growing pumpkins for jack o lanterns. One of them is orange-ing up already, the others are no where near as far along.

Do I harvest this one pumpkin when its ready, and leave the others to keep maturing?

How long will it keep?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long do pumpkins keep? And harvesting question

Just leave your mature pumpkins on the vine! It should be fine. The longer on the vine the better! I have powdery mildew but my extension friend said it shouldn't bother my mature pumpkins, so I'm leaving them on the vine as long as possible.

o

Many thanks! That is very good news. That orange pumpkin is gonna be sitting there for quite awhile, waiting for the rest of the patch to mature :)

o

You should post a picture to the facebook page. I want to see it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here