Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenore

Jack Be Little's on the vine

helenore
17 years ago

I haven't seen any bugs or bug damage in my garden (Thankfully!) so the only enemies I imagine I'll have in my quest to keep my Jack-Be-Littles nice until October are Time and Frost.

Time: I read another post that recommended leaving Jack-Be-Littles on the vine *at least* until the tendril closest gets dry and brown, so I will do that. But (as long as I address the frost issue) how much longer is OK? (They aren't touching the ground.)

Frost: I hope this isn't desperately dumb, but do I have to cover the entire vine with a blanket when frost threatens, or can I just make sure the pumpkins themselves are covered (and then uncovered each the next morning)? Any genius ideas for what works well?

Post-picking: I have a windowless, unheated room in my basement and thought I would store there if I have to pick them sooner than I would like. What do you all think of putting them amidst shredded paper from my beloved husband's office? (I assume I don't want to wash them, but brush off any dirt.)

I bet I have too many questions, but I'm sorta stuck cause I don't know what I'm doing :-)

Thanks

Helen

Comments (2)

Sponsored