Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink Banana Spuash

Posted by Sid23 none (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 15, 11 at 14:39

Any one growing or have grown pink banana squash? Planted some this year and they are huge already! Do you use them as regular squash? I microwave most of my squash or feed to deer in winter. Glad I only planted 3 seeds, had 12 seeds gave 3 each to 3 friends.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink Banana Spuash

Use like any winter squash. Thier size renders them most useful for pies or other dishes where the squash can be cut up and used. Too big for individual baking. The flesh is good quality.

o

Went out with the tape measure today to measure some pumpkins and threw the tape on that PB squash. 22 inches all ready.

o

Here is a pic of that crazy Pink Banana Squash in the garden. So far I only see 2 but I think that will be enough!
2 feet long, 7 inches across.

Photobucket

o

totally cool! I want to plant some of these in the spring. Where did you get the seeds?
Hope they like heat.
Tally HO!

o

I happened to be helping a friend with plumbing and went into a hardware store and found a packet there. I had looked for them for a few years before but no luck. From what I have read they are supposed to be great for pies, sweeter than pie pumpkins. I ended up with three, which will be plenty! If you don't find seeds I imagine you should find some on line.

o

The Pink Banana and its variations are fairly widely available. Baker Creek is a good source. There are also orange and blue versions as well as the North Georgia and Georgia Candy Roasters which are size varients.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here