Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pumpkin Pics: Post Them for Bragging Rights :)

Posted by kr222 6b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 19, 09 at 15:20

I was wondering if you could post your pumpkin pictures. Pictures of the entire vine and close-ups would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to figure out which one to grow next season, and I think pictures would really help me decide what could fit into the space I have left. Please list what variety they are. Thanks everyone. I'll start. Here's one of my Jack Be Little pumpkins growing on a trellis. Next year I would like to try something that is larger, tastes good, can be carved, and doesn't have monster vines that will take over the entire yard. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pumpkin Pics: Post Them for Bragging Rights :)

Are those ornamental, like gourds or edible pumpkin?
I have seen them sold in stores as fall decorations.
This fall I may buy some and get the seeds.

I have lots of gourds about the sime size but pear-shaped.
When they mature have about 250 seeds and no flesh. And get very hard shell like lagenaria gourds.

o
RE: Pumpkin Pics: Post Them for Bragging Rights :)

The Jack Be Little are open-pollinated, edible, mini pumpkins. Seeds are readily available in the beginning of the season. I think they cost about $1.19 a pack at Lowe's. They are growing straight up a trellis quite easily as well. The vines are about 8 feet long, but they are showing signs of powdery mildew. It's been very rainy and humid here. Plus I have them in a spot that gets a good bit of shade. They would probably be more happy in a sunnier spot, but they are still doing well. My only advice would be to plant at least two vines. I've had some female blossoms come and go when the vine didn't have any male blossoms open at the same time. It sure is a cute, tiny pumpkin.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kim's Garden

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here