Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
realyrosey_gw

Dk Green Butternut?

realyrosey
9 years ago

I planted several Butternut Squash seeds at the corners of my square foot beds except in one spot that was bare at the base of one of my green bean arbors, where I stuck in a seed to use the space. This seed was the first to grow and produced a couple of dark green squash. My first time planting Butternut, I was confused at the dark green color. When browsing the net, I noticed some this color with the statement that they turned the golden color as they ripened. No worries. At this point, this particular plant is now spending much of it's time shaded by the beans and a couple of tomato plants on the other side and has remained compact.

However, now I have squash forming on other vines that is true to Butternut Squash, lighter green turning to gold, the vines taking off, growing outside their bounds into full sun and from four plants have 9 squash at various stages.

What are the odds that I got a stray seed and just happened to choose that particular one to plant in that particular area by itself? And, does anyone know what type of squash this green one is? Any input very much appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner