Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are my cukes diseased?

Posted by gregrw ON (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 17:20

Hi,

(sorry I also posted about my pumpkins - I'm having a rough time!). I just got back from a week away and I find a lot of dying leaves with spots on my cukes. (is this the right forum??). I just chopped my squash due to the borer beetle. Could I have something similar? I find it really hard to tell. perhaps it's just a deficiency.. I can't really tell.

Please help...

Thanks,

Greg.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
also, my pumpkins have something similar...

.... I seem to have lost my pumpkin post. Same thing applies to my pumpkins more or less, but they look better.... in fact no leaves are dying like on my cuke. I have powdery mildew that I have not resolved for 2 weeks. Perhaps this is the cause. But I see similar spots on the pumpkin that my cukes have. Thoughts? Keep in mind I had that damn borer in my squash.

o
RE: Are my cukes diseased?

I think your cucumbers have lost the battle to PM, already. There might have been other causes to.

But you can possibly save your squash by rigorous treatment. I am having similar problem with my squash too. Yesterday I sprayed them with Neem Oil for the third time in the patst 2 weeks or so. My cukes are ok but I sprayed them also.

Daconil is another anti fungus spray. What are you using?

Keep up the fight. Definitely, being a week away has cause major damage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here