Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is wrong with my watermelon?!?!

Posted by Derek1598 none (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 18:08

This is only on one of my watermelons and I ripped it out because im afraid the disease (if it is one) will spread. What the hell is this I've never seen these odd black/brown spots before. The vine had stopped growing (hasnt grown at all in days) so I decided to take it out.

Picture : http://i.imgur.com/00b6mN3.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is wrong with my watermelon?!?!

It seems to be spreading. Urgent help please!

EDIT : I went on the aggressive. Soaked it in a dawn soap/water combo. And I also put it on the benign powdery mildew on my Pumpkins.

This post was edited by Derek1598 on Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 13:44

o

Hmmm....don't know much about melons. Could be leaf blight or Anthracnose?

o

Sorry you're having problems with your watermelon! I have searched the web and can not find what it is that is wrong with your leaf. You might try taking a leaf and the picture to your local Ag extension office. They should be able to help you identify what is wrong. Also, there is a wonderful page on Facebook. It is full of members like the people here that want to help. https://www.facebook.com/VeggieGardening Post your pic there and ask for help. There are people from all over the world who will weigh in. I hope you find out what is wrong and can save your watermelons. Let us know an update.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here