Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pognox

Unsure of what type of squash this may be

Pognox
12 years ago

I am very new to gardening. This spring, I decided I wanted to start my first garden. I bought a few plants that were started by experienced gardeners.

That said, I know little to nothing about what is what. I have been reading as much as possible on line, in old books, and talking to old time gardeners, but I have this one squash that the few people I have asked either did not know, or could not remember the name. Neither of which could me.

The man I bought the squash plants from said that they were Winter Squash. The plants came in a four pack. Now, out of the four, one of them was a zucchini plant. But the other three are the ones that no one seems to know what they are.

They are both a dark green with a large patch of yellow on them. The biggest one that is on there is about 5 or 6 inches in diameter, and they have kind of a flat bottom that has a small indent in the middle of the bottom.

I hope the description is good enough, please ask any questions you may need for me to be able to help you give me an idea of what I am growing here.

I will have a lot of them. I just hope that I will have something here that I will be able to do something tasty with.

Thanks everyone!

-Chris

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer