Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bleached Big Max Leaves

Posted by VanillaLatte213 Zone 8, TX (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 20:09

I have the Ferry Morse, Big Max pumpkin that I have been growing. At first it was a happy little plant with nice dark green leaves but now it looks like the leaves are slowly being bleached. I really have no earthly idea why my leaves have suddenly decided that they don't want to be a nice healthy green any more.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bleached Big Max Leaves

Wasn't quite sure if you all wanted to see where the my Max was. He's currently lonely right now because his friends are in the greenhouse growing. We have a rat problem so if I directly plant them into the ground they get eaten =__='

o

And it's little patch =)

o

did you harden the plant before putting it outside? if it was grown in that greenhouse and put outside it most likely was not ready for full sun.

o

That Big Max was directly planted in the ground. That was when I didn't know what in the world was eating the plants. I thought I just needed to start a new crop due to silly things I had done.

o

I don't really know. I'm playing around w/ planting some late pumpkin right now to see what happens. I do have a cold frame. I wonder what would happen if you built a cold frame around them to help them get growing. Might already have the PM! Are there other pumpkin startings in the greenhouse?

o

How about did you fertilize? I'd better go fertilize my pumpkin baby plants tomorrow.

o

I think I might go hide in a corner now =__= Fertilizer might just be what it needs to look green. Poor guy, probably hates me!

o

That is not the right place to plant a pumpkin, it is shaded by the house, tree, potted plants and greenhouse. The plant is definitely not getting enough sun. The plant is deperately trying to capture enough light to live and it can't, that is why the leaves are changing color. Pumpkins require full sun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here