Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chriscon_gw

Need help with Pumpkins. Please help! Photos Inside

chriscon
13 years ago

I know they are getting plenty of water. I had done some deep watering weeks ago but stopped for fear that I was watering too much. I had been pulling water from my house which has a water softener. That system did use sodium pellets before but I had recently replaced with potassium pellets. Dunno if these are signs of too much sodium.

I've also used Lime pellets over the soil to provide calcium. Have also used Fish emulsion at the base of the roots only and have also used water soluble miracle grow. This has all been used since I planted back in mid July. My other concern is that I could have over-fertilized. My other garden though suffered due to lack of calcium (blossom end rot) so thought that adding a bit more fertilizer here wouldn't hurt.

You can see photos at this link where I posted on another forum.

http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36792

The close up of the one split open vine was doing really well and had the largest fruit on it. I tried cutting the vine and replanting but it was too far gone by that point.

I have three different breeds: Jacks, Caspers and Amish Pie. The Caspers are doing great. The Jacks all seem to show leaf death at the base of the main vine but look healthy further out. Should I cover the bases of these where they are showing no leaf growth with compost/potting soil?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment (1)

Sponsored