Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
james_in_lapine

green pumpkins

james_in_lapine
15 years ago

Okay, this must have been asked before. I can't find the answer though. Can I take my green pumpkins inside to turn orange? They are still on the vines and doing well. I have been able to protect them from the nightly freezes up until now, but I am not sure how much longer I will be able to do so. I know I can eat green butternut and acorn squash, but can I also eat green pumpkins?

Though I have tried several years now, I have never gotten pumpkins to grow this far along into the year. They have never gotten this close to maturity. As of now there are 2 that are as close to their max size as I think they will get. I also have 8 that are the size of baseballs (hard ball) that are getting bigger by the day. I think the variety is 'early sweet' (?).

I want to take one to the local green house & garden supply store along with some of my corn. The owner has told me for years that "You can't grow that here outside". Well I have done it during one of the coolest summers we have had in the 13 years I have been back in La Pine.

Please let me know,

Janmes

Comments (3)

Sponsored