Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
binkalette

Well, I don't think I'll be growing white pumpkins again...

binkalette
14 years ago

This spring I bought three packets of seeds. One of regular sized orange pumpkins, one of regular sized white pumpkins, and one of mixed gourds. I planted them all on the same day, and a few weeks later, the orange pumpkins and gourds were flowering and vining all over the place, and the white pumpkins were just barely getting their first true leaves.. The orange pumpkin has 3 pumpkins on it (I picked off the rest because I thought it was supposed to be just one pumpkin to a vine.. but now I'm seeing others leave them be and they do just fine?) The gourds have... I don't know.. a million gourds of all different shapes, sizes and colors..(DEFINITELY doing mixed gourds again!) and only one of the white pumpkin plants even got a female flower.. and now.. at the end of the season.. this is that pumpkin:

{{gwi:866869}}

Not at all what I had hoped for.. It's been this size for about two months.. I had hoped it was going to grow more.. but now all the vines in the garden are beginning to dry up, so I plucked it off and set it on the porch.. LOL.. it looks more like a small gourd. I had hoped to get one big enough that I could do this pretty black painting design that I have on it. I guess I could do a really small scale painting on it :-P

Comments (6)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm