Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gourds etc and stuff!

Posted by magickiwi Zone 5 Michigan (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 07 at 17:04

Hi Gourd Heads!

I haven't posted in quite a while as I have been pretty busy here in Michigan. Lots of family and gourd stuff going on.

I see Hengal was in Michigan on 25th August so wasn't at the Sand Ladys festival. Over 25 gourders from Michigan, plus Rich and Brenda from IN, came to our meeting in Holt MI and, since we had enough AGS members present we were able to adopt a constitution and by-laws, elect officers and directors and form the Michigan gourd society. Cheers for us! If anyone would like to become a member of the MGS or simply need more information, do drop an email to MagicKiwi1(at)yahoo.com.

Not sure if I am going to head out for the big Ohio Gourd Show at the end of the month or not. I will wait til the last minute and see how I feel. Is anyone here going? Are you going to take classes? Enter in the gourd competitions?

I had a ball at the Indiana Gourd Show in Kokomo this past spring and look forward to seeing everyone in South Bend next spring. I hope there will be a show down/up in Goshen this November - that is the first one I ever attended and where I got hooked on this hobby! The time spent in Cherokee NC at the Gourd Gathering was interesting - I was in classes all the time and got exhausted, but I did get a good idea of what I would like to do in the future and what I learned I would never attempt again! The latter as important as the former that is for sure!

Enjoy the Fall - the summer just zoomed by and it doesn't seem that long ago since I put away the Christmas ornaments!
Take care and happy gourding!
Rita in Kalamazoo MI

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gourds etc and stuff!

Hi Rita,
It sounds like you're keeping very busy.
Congrats to all taking part in the MGS. I hope the group continues to grow like a vigorous vine!

I have a friend who is going to the Ohio show, but not sure whether it is to visit or vend. I will check again with her next week.

Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here