Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pumpkin peppers

Posted by leveta 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 4, 08 at 20:19

I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone has grown pumpkin peppers? This is the first time i've grown them and they are turning red, should I cut the stalk and hang it to dry? Thanks...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pumpkin peppers

I would probably wait until the majority of peppers ripen or just before the first frost. Whichever comes first. It is an ornamental pepper, that happens to have a pumpkin shape so You may get more feedback in the peppers forum.

o

I tried to germinate some seeds this spring in hopes for some but alas, they did not germinate. If you have any extra seeds i'd love to trade with you!

o

I'm sorry I don't have any extra seeds. If I did I'd sure give you some...Sorry...

o

lol, not a problem! if in the future you have extra's from your harvest, pls remember me! Happy autumm!

o

tessa74 I guess I miss understood. If you would like some seeds from one of my PP I'll be glad to mail you some when they dry. Give me your address and I'll see that you get some...

o

I would wait as long as possible before harvesting them.
Last year, we had an early freeze, and I had to harvest some that were just turning color. They all rotted and had to be thrown away.

o

Hi sylky00, they turned red a good while before I cut some of them. But they havn't gotten hard. I have thrown several out. AND then several are still fine. My DH cut some of the plants and hung them. But they still ahavn't gotten hard. THere are still abunch left in the garden. Do they need a frost before they get hard? I was very dissaponited with them. I raise pumpkins and such and thought it would be something different for everyone. But I couldn't sell them cause I was afraid they would last for them. Did you plant anymore?

o

Found these in Thailand where I have retired...Will germinate this week and will take about ten days...Will keep you posted...;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here