Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wartywhite

Can you tell me what these are??

wartywhite
12 years ago

Last fall we placed our carved and uncarved pumpkins behind the back fence before the first snow and mid summer we recognized some vines growing. We expected regular ol' orange pumpkins to come but we have 22 white warty "pumpkins" growing. The largest is about the size of a cantelope and they are growing well. I've googled endlessly to get more info on what they are but can't find a thing. I do remember we had one orange warty (knucklehead I believe they're called after searching) that we placed back there but it obviously wasn't white. Could they turn orange eventually ya think? I have plenty of great photos but don't see a place to upload them into a post. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated as the whole family is excited to have "accidentally" grown these. the kids have each one photographed, numbered and named already and some are still no bigger than a walnut. I would love to be able to tell them what they actually are.

Thanks so much- stephanie oh- and if there's a way to post pics i can do that if you tell me how.

Comments (7)