Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catlover_gardener

unknown zucchini squash

catlover_gardener
14 years ago

So I bought a pack of Ferry Morse seeds labelled Zucchini, Black Beauty Squash. Planted them and the plant is monstrous. The leaves are huge and have silver blotches with sharp edges. Also the VINES have grown (unknown to me)out of the pot, across the other pots, through the slats in the wooden fence and across the common area beyond the fence and into my neighbors patio.

Also the vines are hairyish and thick.

Any comments would be appreciated.

I trailed it to her patio and pulled it back through the slats in the fence and wound it around the bamboo trellis I had erected in the pots (18 galls). It has long twirly tendril things and long roots along the vine. It inserts the roots wherever it touches.

I thought I bought squash zucchinis. The picture on the package is of long tubular green zucchinis like the ones you see in the supermarket. I cannoit control this thing.

Can I prune it or just continue to wind it around the bamboo in the pot. There are no flowers yet, just this long vine. Why is this so, and why the vines. I thought it would be upright and bushy like my patty pans.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner