I have Papaya (3 varieties) , Guava, Eggplant,

Okra (Green and Red varieity) and Yard Long Bean

(Red and Green variety) seeds to offer.

Durai

Comments (4)

• mrs.b_in_wy
    13 years ago

Hi Durai,

It sounds like your climate in Malaysia is pretty nearly opposite of mine in Wyoming. I'm always looking for things that can survive and produce in a short, cool/cold, dry growing season :)

From what I understand, cucurbits of the moschata species (Cucurbita moschata) tend to do well in growing conditions like yours. That said, you might want to try a variety of species (i.e. C. pepo, C. maxima, C. argyrosperma) - and varieties within each species (i.e. acorns, hubbards, cushaws) - to see what does well for you and what you like.

You're welcome to take a look at my trade list to see if there's something on it that might appeal to you. Click on the "My Page" link next to my screen name; then click on "See my trade list."

You might want to pop over to the Seed Exchange Forum, too. There are many wonderful people there, and many have a dizzying array of seeds of all sorts. You also may wish to consider setting up your trade list.

Please post again if you have additional questions. Good luck!

• rev_durai
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Greetings from Malaysia.
    Thanks for your kind response.

I see that you have not cut open many of your Squash
    yet. When your seeds are ready, I would like to have
    some from the varieties that you have.

I understand that the Seed Exchage Forum is restricted
    to those within the US only.
    Can you kindly tell me how to set up my Trade List, please.
    God Bless You.

Durai

• mrs.b_in_wy
    13 years ago

Hello Durai,

Thank you for your kind e-mail and response here. I'll get back to you, but it might be tomorrow. We brought home a couple pickup loads of sheep manure tonight, and I need to finish unloading them (so I can get more manure tomorrow!).

In the meantime, to set up your trade list, make sure you're signed in, and open the main page of the Pumpkin, Squash & Gourd forum (or the main page of any forum).

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and look for the "Instructions" section.

The bullet point second from the bottom reads, "If you have trouble logging in, please see the member services page."

Click the member services page link and select "Edit Your Exchange Lists."

Fill out the fields with the applicable information and submit.

Note: It hasn't happened to me, but I've read sad posts about people's entire trade/wish list vanishing for no apparent reason. It doesn't hurt to keep a copy in Word or something. Also, it's probably just me, but when I update my lists, I like to put the new date at the top.

If I missed a step, let me know :)

• rev_durai
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, I have put up my Trade List.
    Thank you for your kind instructions.
    I will gladly trade.

Durai

Sponsored