Return to the Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green Gourds vs The dryer vent

Posted by gluecille 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 31, 04 at 16:00

My dryer vent is about 6" above the floor of my deck. I took two birdhouse gourds grown this year and laid them by the dryer vent. Guess what???? The seeds are rattling inside the smaller one. The large one should be dry in a couple of weeks. They have been under the vent for approx. four weeks. I use the dryer every Saturday (just about all day) and maybe once or twice during the week most of the time I don't use it all through the week. I think I will sit one of my apple gourds by the vent and see what happens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green Gourds vs The dryer vent

lol what a way to dry ;o) What ever works though. I have set an egg gourd and a spooner on my stove and they get all that heat and from the oven too, still taking while, but far ahead of all the rest!

S.

o
RE: Green Gourds vs The dryer vent

I guess everybody tries new ways to dry faster... last year I put a pile of egg gourds in my old non-running Camaro (which sits behind my barn in the sun all day long). It gets extremely hot inside on sunny days. Speeded up the drying process immensely! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here