Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acorneti

Courge-Fri

acorneti
9 years ago

Courge-fritter in palm butter are far more healthy then french-fried potatoes in rape oil. And they taste soooo much better!
I breed pumpkin varieties enriched in starch content.
Theese new varieties also accumulate less water.
My best fri-courge I named C. maxima 'Black Russian' with the dark skin from the variety 'Black Forest' (picture below). It developes not that grey spots of Black Forest but dark green stripes between the ribs. And it grows a little bigger, so we can make longer sticks to fry.
The American word 'freedom fries' sounds like fried freedom to me.
And 'french fry' means, the English would love to fry the French further on.
But 'courge-fri' (spoken like free) in the french-russian agglomeration just means fried cucurbitaceae, nothing else to beat someone's ears.
French parried the McDonalds roam around the world for a very long time, like Russians did. And they think about those brighter days, when Russians do not want to eat American trash-food anymore now.
And so I am overjoyed to introduce the end of fried potatoes and the beginning of the Courge-Fri era... initiated by the French and Russian proud de cuisine.
My little son upbraids: there is so much fiber in it, so it does not pulpify so nicely, when I take a mouthful!
Oh yes, my son. I am very proud to feed you healthier with some nice fiber - but not crude fiber. Only fine fiber like a cooked carrot.
"And they are much deeper orange then a cooked carrot!"
Yes, we eat more carotine and xanthophylle with courge-fri.
But we do not eat so much - far too much - potassium like with potatoes, that makes indigestion... stinky potato farts, you know.
For industrialized farming I have developed a white pumpkin with the weight range of 24 to 46 kg or up to more then 100 lbs.: Cucurbita maxima 'Nadym'. This excellent boer ford pumpkin produces dense and dry flesh, as It should be for frying. But here we have a lower starch content for people who want to stay slim, when eating too much fries.

This post was edited by acorneti on Wed, Oct 1, 14 at 19:31

Sponsored