Return to the Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you dry gourds in silica gel?

Posted by mgrtist 21921 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 27, 06 at 18:01

I've dried gourds before, but I have a couple that I think will more than likely get soft before drying. I bought them at a produce stand. I was thinking of just burying the whole gourd in silica gel. These are apple gourds that are about 2 lbs each. I've never dried this type before. Any thoughts? Thanks. - Meryl in Maryland

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you dry gourds in silica gel?

My answer would be no, you can't dry gourds in silica gel.
Apple gourds typically take longer than almost any other kind, or size of gourd. However, I've been wrong before, and don't mind admitting it.
The only other advice I can offer is........"you won't know if you don't try".

Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here