Return to the Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Upcoming Gourd Show

Posted by gardenkiwi Z5 Michigan (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 9, 06 at 21:27

The Indiana Gourd Society is having a Gourd Show down in Goshen Indiana on 11th November - it runs from 9-5. I went last year and was really surprised at all the different things that people do with gourds - it was amazing - and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. You can check out details and directions at the Indiana Gourd Society site online ... www.indianagourdsociety.org

Rita in Michigan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upcoming Gourd Show

Rita,
I hope you can go to this gourd show. You'll have to report back to the rest of us on all the neat things you see.
We'd love to go, but dh just had hip replacement surgery two weeks ago and there's no way we can make it.

Jan

o
RE: Upcoming Gourd Show

We managed to get down to Goshen for an hour and a bit on the 11th November. Our daughter from Manhattan NY was here and went along and was quite surprised at what she was seeing. On the way back, as we passed buggies, horses, fields etc she quietly said "we sure aren't in Manhattan any more"! I looked around expecting to see her in pigtails and holding her little dog Toto! Talk about culture shock - she was back in Manhattan 12 hours later. Met up with a couple of others from Michigan who were at their first gourd show. Hopefully they will be able to get to Kokomo - they will be blown away for sure!

It was really good to see Jim and Betty Dabbs there with their nice gourds to buy - they do grow beauties - they both look well and Betty is as bubbly as ever!

Hope Jan that you are healing quickly and getting around well. Let us know how you are doing!
Cheers - Rita in Michigan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here