Return to the Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
web site and Hello part 1

Posted by robmary 81328 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 12, 06 at 13:13

I see my first message got lost. I have not visited the site for many months altough I use to write fairly often. Some may remember that I often signed with my "Mountainman" name of "Bloody Ear". We have a new email address now as well as our web page so I re-registered as a new member..We live in the South West Corner of Colorado near the entrance to Mesa Verde National Park, at 7000 ft elevation. A short growing season makes growing gourds a challange. Our work features primarily, petroglyphs and pictographs from the early people in our area as well as old Pueblo pottery designs. We are members of the American Gourd Society and grow most of our own gourds. We enjoy exchanging ideas and information and hope you can be of help to us and us to you. Again we invite you to visit our web site at www.gourdsofthesouthwest.com

Rob and Mary
Art of the South West
Mancos, Colorado

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: web site and Hello part 1

Rob & Mary,

I was able to find your website, but it appears that you have listed your e-mail instead of your website address. The search engine did show an Arts of the Southwest which brought up your site.

Really admired your use of the petroglyph images on your artwork. I have wondered why some gourd artist does not use some of the black on white and red on black geometric images found on the old Anaszi pottery. Also the images found on the Mimbres pottery from 1,,000 years ago in SW New Mexico. Course I realize that the Mimbres images went in the inside of bowls, but should still look great worked onto the outside of gourds.

Thanks for the chance to visit your website.

Willie

o

Welcome back to the forums. Its always good to see what someone else is working on. (now I just need to figure out how to post pictures of my work)

Jan

o

Jan, try putting your pictures into Photobucket and I think you will be able to post them into Garden Web.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here