Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lillie1441

I hit the 'Mother Load'

Lillie1441
19 years ago

My husband told me last week that he had seen gourds growing on a fence down the road. Sure enough,there were hundreds of beautiful gourds on the vines. 3 different kinds. So today we were out and we stopped by and asked the man about them. He said he just grew them for the fun of it and to give some to his friends. The vines and leaves were already dry on one vine,(bottleneck)and he told me to get as many as I wanted. I didn't want to be greedy so I got 12 nice ones. He said he will let me know when the others are ready and I can have all I want!! Some of the ones I didn't get are huge and there are 2 different kinds besides the bottleneck! I put the 12 down in old panty hose (well actually new panty hose,but I never wear them anymore so that was a little sacrifice for 12 gourds!LOL)and hung them under my carport to dry. I am so excited! I hope they all dry nicely. Summer projects in the making! I told him I would gladly pay for them and for future ones. He said no,but if I had seeds from a dipper gourd he would like to have some. I do and will take them to him next week. Another good thing,now my DH is all excited about growing our own next year!LOL Don't ya just love gourds!!!

God bless..............Lillie

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH