Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pumpkins for seeds and carving

Posted by lizzslilies none (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 10:18

This is a repost from the vegetable forum, I didn't know this forum was here, until after I posted.

This year I planted 'big max' pumpkins and I got three very nice, heavy pumpkins with lots of seeds. I was very happy with the size of them, I was wondering if anyone knew if the 'altantic giants' had as many seeds or more? I dont have enought space to put more than one plant of the giants, so I am thinking about staying with the 'big max'. This year I am adding space to my garden but not enought for the vines to stay in the garden, last year I had let them over flow into the yard and just had to mow around them, that wasn't a problem. But I fear with the 'giants' it would just take up more room then I can spare. the space I have planned out is about 10x20+.
OR do you know of any other pumpkins that have a big size 25+lbs and lots of seeds?

Thanks for the help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pumpkins for seeds and carving

And of course I looked at the vegetable thread first! Well basically I said Dill's AG will give you bigger but not more seeds. What do you need seeds for?

Also I'll add 10' X 20' is not enough space for a single AG plant (if you are growing for size).

o
RE: Pumpkins for seeds and carving

Well one of my friends, makes some killer pumpkin seeds to munch on! So we eat them for a week after, but they don't last longer then that so I was hoping for a pumpkin that had more seeds.but I like the size I got this year one got to maybe 50lbs I was so happy about that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here