Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow Squash and Powdery Mildew

Posted by barberberryfarm 8A (kenandanida@barberberryfarm.com) on
Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 12:08

Has anyone who has experienced powdery mildew in their yellow squash beds found a variety that has a good resistence to it? I started out with Multi-pik and Super-pik which produced well but both got inundated with PM. I tried Cheetah last summer, but it didn't produce very well, but on the bright side I didn't get any PM. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Conqueror III and I'm going to try it this coming spring. Are there any other good producing varieties you are aware of that have a good resistence to PM and downy mildew? I live in central Alabama where the humidity is quite high in the summer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow Squash and Powdery Mildew

Someone on another blog who grows yellow squash in zone 8a suggested Gentry as well as Daisy May and Dixie. I think I'll also plant some Gentry to see how well it does as well.

o
RE: Yellow Squash and Powdery Mildew

I remember something about using Milk to treat for PM and I found the link for it here on GW. See link below..
Bryan

Here is a link that might be useful: Powdery Milldew and Milk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here