Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have these squash seeds for SASE

Posted by mrs.b_in_wy 5a WY (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 12, 10 at 15:30

Hi squash fans! I have the following hand-pollinated varieties from my 2010 garden to share:

Boston Marrow, Boston Marrow, cut (G, 2010) Germination: 5/5, Dec. 2010
Gill's Golden Pippen (G, 2010) Germination: 5/5, Nov. 2010
Winter Luxury Pie (G, 2010) Germination: 5/5, Dec. 2010

There are approximately 12 seeds in each package. If you'd like to try any of these, please post here (to help me keep track) and also send me an e-mail. I'll send you my address where you can send a bubble envelope, return label and postage. Bubble envelopes only, please. The post office's machines pulverize squash seed quite thoroughly. Guess how I know that, lol. (Powdered squash seeds from Anonymous Seed Company didn't grow so well.)

Oh, almost forgot. If you have a variety you'd like to trade, please let me know. I'd love to try a new one :)

Thanks and hope to hear from you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have these squash seeds for SASE

I am sending you an email.

o

Thank you botanicat! Your seeds went into today's mail. I hope they do well for you.

o

Hi Mrs b,

I would love to try you squash varieties. I have watermelon moon and stars if you are interested.

Thank you for offering them.

Denise

o

Hi Denise!

Thanks for your message. Sending you an e-mail.

Michelle

o

Hi!I would like to try some squash.I'm sending an email.

o

Hi woomill. Thanks for your message. Happy to share these with you.

o

Seeds have been going out to all who've messaged me, either here or by e-mail. I still have more for anyone who's interested. Since I first posted, we've opened a few more squash types. Seeds for these are available for SASBE, too.

NOID cheese-type, upside-down NOID, cut NOID (G, 2010) Germination: 5/5, Dec. 2010 I believe this to belong to C. moschata. The seeds I'm offering are from the flat, buff type in the center. As you can see, there was variability in the fruits. Although these were hand-pollinated, there may be variability in the offspring.
Jack Be Little, Seeds (G, 2010) Germination: 5/5, Jan. 2011
Sweet Meat, Sweet Meat 2, Halved Sweet Meat, Sweet Meat cut up (G, 2010) - Germination: 5/5, Jan. 2011

o

I would like to try these. Thanks for the offer.

o

Hi James,

Happy to share. Sending you an e-mail.

o

This is exciting. I would like to try the Noid and JBLittle. Boston Marrow would be nice too. I am new at this and only have one seed variety left from the local farm seeds I collected this year. I will post a pic if you are interested.

o

Dandy pumpkin Ross :) Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to seeing you around here!

Replying to your e-mail.

o

Any left? Thanks for offering. I'll send an email
yukonj

o

if you still have squash seeds ,please send me some.thanks.

o

Do you still have any squash seeds left for trade?

Ellie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pumpkins Squash & Gourds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here