Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
evergreen ornamental grass

Posted by dirtdiggerky (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 13, 08 at 20:00

i have just recently moved to this house in western kentucky and i have 2 very nice ornamental grasses about 4-5 feet tall-according to my husband they are about 4 years old (about 1 1/2 feet across at the base). they are green/gray green, narrow leaved, look like miscanthus to me, arching rather than stiffly upright and they are STILL GREEN even after having been subjected to 8 degrees one night (and many well below freezing nights). they are now starting to turn a bit yellow especially in the center of the clump. this year they didn't bloom but he thinks they have other years but hubby isn't the best authority on such things. he thinks he bought them at lowe's but there again..... ????? his deceased wife of course would know but there's no record here that i can find. any help? maybe later i can figure out how to post a photo which i realize would be MOST helpful......

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: evergreen ornamental grass

a photo would help a lot!
posting a photo is relatively easy. Upload your picture(s) - using one of the free on-line photo albums - photobucket is the one I use. These sites provide easy uploads & allow you to create an html tag to paste in your posting.
so ..
upload your photo
create an html tag & paste it into your message.

there is a forum here that allows you to practise
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/test/

a.

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here