Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question - burning off Pampas, & other, OG?

Posted by roseyp8255 z8 AL (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 26, 05 at 12:08

Hi - i have been reading the threads ref: OG - I see "burning off" is mentioned quite often. I have a BUNCH of clumps of Pampas grass that was dug up out of someone's yard yesterday, after it had burned (accidentally I think). I am going to go out and divide and pot up to rejuevenate it - any suggestions on determining which pieces definitely will or won't make it? Or, will they all make it as long as roots attached?
THANKS for any info!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question - burning off Pampas, & other, OG?

They will all make it as long as each has a healthy and undamaged supply of roots. The bigger the rootball, the bigger the plant in its first year. (Eventually, they will all reach mature sizesusually in about 3 seasons.)

o
RE: question - burning off Pampas, & other, OG?

Thanks BruMeta! BY the time I got all of the yukky burnt portions off, they were rather small - but i did have some healthy roots. We planted some in pots to baby, my husband INSISTED on going ahead and planting some out along the fence (I told him they would do better in the shade for a little while, for some TLC). I also planted 2 pieces IN MY COMPOST PILE, and then have some sitting in water, will plant in a day or so, wasn't "sure" about them, so i wanted to check them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here