Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finding plants (ornamental grass)

Posted by shw104 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 12 at 13:43

Hi everyone�

I need some help with finding and planting a couple ornamental grasses at my home outside of Baltimore. Over the last few years, I�ve added a few different varieties, mostly from transplants from neighbors or from the local Home Depot. I�ve tried ordering a few on ebay with limited results. I�d really like to add a few more of the unique varieties that I cannot find at Home Depot or local nursery. I�d really like Pink Pampas and a couple other of the taller, unique looking varieties. Where does everyone get their plants and are they larger than 4-6" pots? Everything I�ve seen to date has been in really small pots or seeds. I am probably just looking in the wrong places�

Thanks!
Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finding plants (ornamental grass)

I would contact Monika Burwel at Earthly Pursuits, linked below. She's the retail distributor of Kurt Blumel's ornamental grasses, and he's one of the top growers in the world. Tell her what you need, and she can probably get it...and she's local to you.

PS..Pink Pampas may not be winter hardy in your zone. I'm in a very very mild zone 7, and haven't been able to grow it successfully.

Here is a link that might be useful: Earthly Pursuits

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here