Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shw104

Finding plants (ornamental grass)

shw104
12 years ago

Hi everyone�

I need some help with finding and planting a couple ornamental grasses at my home outside of Baltimore. Over the last few years, I�ve added a few different varieties, mostly from transplants from neighbors or from the local Home Depot. I�ve tried ordering a few on ebay with limited results. I�d really like to add a few more of the unique varieties that I cannot find at Home Depot or local nursery. I�d really like Pink Pampas and a couple other of the taller, unique looking varieties. Where does everyone get their plants and are they larger than 4-6" pots? Everything I�ve seen to date has been in really small pots or seeds. I am probably just looking in the wrong places�

Thanks!

Scott

Comment (1)

• donn_
    12 years ago

I would contact Monika Burwel at Earthly Pursuits, linked below. She's the retail distributor of Kurt Blumel's ornamental grasses, and he's one of the top growers in the world. Tell her what you need, and she can probably get it...and she's local to you.

PS..Pink Pampas may not be winter hardy in your zone. I'm in a very very mild zone 7, and haven't been able to grow it successfully.

Here is a link that might be useful: Earthly Pursuits

Sponsored
More Discussions