Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best online sources in your opinion?

Posted by drbanana z5PA (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 18, 05 at 14:47

For those of you who have ordered grasses online, what are your favorite sources?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best online sources in your opinion?

1. The Magic Garden in upstate NY. magicgardenplants.com
2. Limerock Ornamental Grasses in Port Matilda, PA. limrockgrasses.com
3. Deer-Resistant Landscape Nursery in Clare, MI. deerxlandscape.com
4. Triple Brook Farm in CT. triplebrookfarm.com

I would order from each of them again, plus from an impressive west-of-the-Rockies nursery: Bluestem Nursery in BC. bluestem.ca

There are many others. You can join gardenwatchdog.com (free) and search for those nurseries that specialize in grassesand, important, see how they (and those listed above) are rated by their customers and get direct links to their sites. Ordering from nurseries east of the rockies will keep shipping costs down, since you live in PA. If you live near Blair & Bedford Counties, you can visit Spring Farm Greenhouses near Martinsburggreat grass selection, huge pots, low prices.

o

Wow, thank you. I found gardenwatchdog. Great site! Since I posted I have gone to bluestem and limerock. I'll try the others. It's nice to have someone else's experience to fall back on!

o

Earthly Pursuits is the retail business for Kurt Bluemel Inc. Ran by Monika who is Kurts sister. I visited both and bought lots of Grasses from them last Fall. Very pleased with the plants and service.
Best Regards,
Anthony in TN.

o

If you are looking to buy in full flat quantities I would recommend Emerald Coast Growers in Florida. They are a wholesale operation but will sell to end users if you meet their minimum order requirements.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here