Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juicylucy_gw

Panicum Dallas Blues my new fave

juicylucy
18 years ago

This was a new addition to the garden last year and by far my favorite new grass. I need more, more, more! What a beauty. I cut it back yesterday and was hesitant to do so because it was still beautiful, even in dormancy. Can't wait to see it again in all its glory.

Comments (3)

• layla_2006
    18 years ago

I just recently ordered a Dallas Blues online so I'm looking forward to seeing how it will look in my yard. I was wondering how it would look next to a Shenandoah? I planted one of those last year and it is lovely. I read somewhere the contrast between the two is very interesting.
    Any ideas?

• juicylucy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh, layla, you are going to LOVE this grass! Beat me with a stick but I'm not growing Shenandoah, not sure why. It is gorgeous also, must get some! I have Pennisetum Karley Rose growing near Dallas Blues and I really like the arching form and smokey blooms of Karley paired w/DB.

• layla_2006
    18 years ago

JL, that sounds like a great idea! I have actually ordered 2 Karley Rose fountain grasses and wasn't sure where I was going to put them. I have toyed around with the idea of putting one of them next to my black fountain grass (moudry-a favorite of mine) and now you have given me another idea. Thanks!

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions