Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phlegmmy

need a suggestion

Barnwitch
19 years ago

I am usually lurking around the hosta and woodland forums, but I have a question for you grass experts!

I was wondering if you could recommend an ornamental grass, for zone 5, that is on the pinkish side. (I would love pink Cortaderia if it was hardy here.) My cousin lost her 32 year old daughter to breast cancer in January and several of us want to get her a plant for her yard in her memory and her daughters favorite color was pink. (Along with being the signature color for breast cancer awareness.)

Of course most people are thinking trees, like flowering crabs or something else with pink flowers. I was wondering if there was a bold, specimen grass that had substantial pink in it, that is hardy in zone 5. I think it would be much more interesting than a tree. Suggestions of other pink plants, are heartily welcomed as well. The yard is nicley landscaped (with big, bold hostas and Autumn joy sedums being two of the things I remember) so I also think a grass would add a whole new texture to things.

Any suggestions?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!