Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cutting Back Carex

Posted by richardcharles z10/Malibu (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 07 at 17:02

I have both Carex divulsa(Carex tumulicola) and Carex glauca growing and doing well. Some of the Berkeley Sedge has brown ends and the Blue Sedge's color is not as clear as it was in summer. Is it too late to cut back now, how much to cut back, or wait for spring to improve there vigor?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cutting Back Carex

I'd try the comb-through method first to try and clean up the foliage. If your still not happy with how they look, trim them back. It may actually be good for them to flush out new growth in zone 10...a little psuedo-dormancy to re-invigorate them perhaps?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here