Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dilemma! Should I cut my Pampas Grass back now? Zone 9

Posted by panspipes zone 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 0:47

This would be my grass's 3rd year. Last year was the longest and worst drought in recorded history so it didn't grow at all but it looked fine.
It never dies back in zone 9, just gets a few dead blades, mostly underneath.
Now this Spring has been so warm and wet my Cannas are already up to my chest, but the Pampas Grass still looks kinda tired and elderly.
It's still kind of early. Will it perk up? I probably should have cut it back a month or two ago. Is it too late?
It helps block my horrendous redneck neighbors from sight, so I might rather it look tired and elderly all Summer than cut it so late that I have to face those horrible hillbillies for 4 months while it grows back. Would it take that long?
What would you do?
Thanks so much for your time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dilemma! Should I cut my Pampas Grass back now? Zone 9

It would take at least that long to grow back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here