Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
og buying through e mail catalog safe??????

Posted by knupp (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 27, 05 at 13:08

Is it safe to buy Ornamental grasses over the Internet through nursery catalogs ?????????How is Limerock O.G.or Earthly Pursuit O G ???? They ship some bareroot??? Is that O.K.???? Are they reputable???? Thanks !! Roy Knupp

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: og buying through e mail catalog safe??????

According to Garden Watchdog, both of those companies were given good ratings by 4 people each.

Brenda

o

Also, Bluestone perennials has some OG, and they are my favorite.

o

We purchase grasses from Kurt Bluemel (wholesale), and I think Earthly Pursuits is their retail store, or at least some connections. We have always gotten good product from Kurt Bluemal. A small plug of grass will grow quickly into a large specimen, and at a better price than the large pots. Polly

o

I purchased mine from mail order nurseries, and they were in excellent condition, and have grown beautifully.

Laurel

o

Limerock is a highly reputable source. The Magic Garden in upstate NY, with only a few grasses, is also. Both ship quality, healthy plants. Both ship in pots.

Why the excessive use of question marks in your post?

o

I buy grasses online from Santa Rosa Gardens and have been very very happy with their selection, price and customer service.

o
in general, buying online

Using a credit card is by far the safest way to pay online from any website.

Going through PayPal is even more secure, many sites now use PayPal.

Avoid the temptation to use your bank account through them or debit cards. They do not provide the consumer protections that come with credit cards. PayPal's Buyer Protection is only 45 days, you want the protection of your card which is usually 90 and sometimes six months.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here