Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meredith77

photos of grass gardens?

meredith77
17 years ago

Would anybody be willing to share some photos of your grasses and how you've used them in the garden? I have a load of them coming in a few weeks and I'm a beginner...sorta lost on how to create an appealing space with them. Or, perhaps there's already place on the website here where people have posted photos? New to the site so I'm still unfamiliar. Thanks :)

Comments (6)

• pezhead
    17 years ago

I suggest investing in one or more of Piet Oudolff"s books -- Gardening With Grasses, Dream Plants for the Natural Garden being a couple wonderful ones with superb examples of many plant combos -- including many grasses.

• buyorsell888
    17 years ago

I don't know how to post pics on Garden Web but will say that I've stuck grasses all over my yard. They are in all of the flowerbeds which are all mixed borders with trees, shrubs, perennials, bulbs and grasses. I don't have any section that is just grasses but do have about twenty different species of grass on my small city lot. There is a grass that will combine well with just about everything.

• buyorsell888
    17 years ago

In this thread a few pages back is a link to some gorgeous pics of a garden with lots of grasses. Truly a stunning garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another thread from this forum

• weedwoman
    17 years ago

Somewhat on this subject, I saw some pictures of a grass garden in suburban Virginia (I think) that I'd love to find again.

It was in a sort of upscale subdivision, and the designer had basically planted a wheat field in their front yard, they were probably Pennisetums or something, but they definitely gave that 'waving fields of grain' feeling. I think there was a pair of ornamental plums in the center of the grasses, and around the walkways into the house were Sedum 'Autumn Joy' and a couple other similar things. There might have been a narrow border of lawn around the edge of the yard. It was stunning - totally unexpected but formal enough to fit in the setting, and very pretty. I've looked through every grass book I have trying to find pictures of it again, and I can't, so maybe it was in one of the gardening magazines instead. Does anybody else remember seeing this?

WW

• blackie57
    17 years ago

These's are photos from last year early but hopefully some of these will give you some idea's. Please feel free to email me as well if you need any help. I have quite a few different grasses in my beds, and have created two new ones starting last fall and moved 4 grasses into various positions in the new beds last week. BIG WORK to say the least. But I believe the finished product will be well worth it.

Blackie

Here is a link that might be useful: Blackie's Gardens

• wangshan
    17 years ago

Hi I'm new here. But here are some pics from last year also.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus
More Discussions