Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Care of Miscanthus

Posted by flatlander z6KS (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 23, 08 at 20:05

I'm sure this has been asked before but i can't seem to find a faq. I have a number of miscanthus grasses that have died out in the middle but are very healthy on the outer edge. How do you rejuvinate these? should you dig them up, divide and replant? if so, is spring the best time to do that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Care of Miscanthus

If they have a donut shape, it's likely time to divide them. Spring works best for most miscanthus grasses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here