Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pagrower

Transplanted Feather Reed Grass

PAgrower
18 years ago

Help. about a week ago, I moved two of my feather reed grasses. I took a huge root ball and only moved them 3' from where they were. We had a few windy says since. They are "yellowing" now. Is this normal or am I loosing them? Any advice will be appreciated. Jim

Comments (6)

• donn_
    18 years ago

Did you trim them back before you moved them? If not, give them a trim now. Also make sure they have enough water in the planting hole. I live on the water, windy all the time, and it still astounds me how drying the wind can be.

• PAgrower
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I cut them back about two-three weeks ago. I left them stand tall through the winter. Because I took such a large root ball, I didn't add water the planting hole before I set them in. Shall I still trim back and give a good soaking??

• donn_
    18 years ago

If they were already trimmed, before the x-plant, just soak them good. I'd probably give them a shot of dilute compost tea as well, but I do that to everthing I x-plant.

• PAgrower
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks.

• blackie57
    18 years ago

Be patient...they are incredibly hard to kill. they may sulk for a bit, but eventually you will see them start to perk up. I would water a ssuggested, to give them some pampering after the transplant, but once they get going cut back on the water.