Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Fast Grown Tall Grass Suggestions Needed

Laurie
18 years ago

We recently were considering hiring a professional landscaper to design and plant our property. We finally found someone wonderful, however, my husband just quit his job so we're not about to spend a huge chunk of money on landscaping right now.

My husband intends to work on it himself for now. He is pretty capable for the most part. We intend to start to incorporate some of the ideas of the professional (which were actually, nearly exactly what we had already planned - it was good to know that our own thoughts were headed in the right direction).

Our main problem is we know zero about ornamental grasses other than the fact that we have a literal grove of bamboo in our yard, a great barrier on that side of the yard from our neighbor. We love it!

We want to carry through a sort of asian theme. The other side of the yard has a low (4') fence and the property line pretty much becomes our neighbor's very long driveway (she has a t-lot, in back of us). So we have this rather unattractive view of her driveway, and parking area infront of her garage. We are attempting to screen this a bit, and ornamental grasses seem like a good way.

We are looking for something which will grow fast and tall in our zone (6). I don't think too many fit the bill - seems most of them are not good for our zone. Something that will spread a bit too.

Or should we treat them as annuals and maybe just put them in large pots?

Any thoughts? All suggestions appreciated!

Laurie

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions