Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need ID on this one (Pic)

Posted by sandyl TN (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 08 at 12:07

I purchased this about 4 years ago along with several others and forgot what is was suppose to be.. someone posted a picture of a tall grass in a half barrel a long time ago on this forum and theirs was beautiful and got very tall in the half barrel. That was what I was going for here with this one. I keep it watered and have treated it with kindness year after year and well I'm a bit tired of babing this weed... I want to think the name of this grass was suppose to be cosmopolitan, but to me it looks to be a road side weed grass that grows wild here my area. I forgot where I ordered it from. I think nothing will ever come of this grass as seen in my picture. Any and all help would be greatly appreicated in ID-ing this. I currently have 13 other OG growning and doing beautiful, most are maiden grass types which I love and range in one year to 8 years old.. Sandy

Don't know this one

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need ID on this one (Pic)

Hey Sandy,

Hard to tell the id from the small photo. Can you give a bit of info on how it has grown in the last 4 years. Height? Seedhead description? Bloom time?

If you are thinking Miscanthus Cosmopolitan, it's definitely not that.

o
RE: Need ID on this one (Pic)

I can't tell how big it is either. Is that a barrel with a picket fence? Is it a Fakahachi maybe? Whatever it is it's pretty to me! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here