Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liriope Problem!!

Posted by darcyheron 43082 (My Page) on
Thu, May 26, 11 at 12:28

I planted about 50 of these liriope muscari variegata plants about 3 weeks ago. They were bare root plants. They seem to be bigger now but they don't look so good. Kinda droopy and brown dead spots on leaves. We did have one late light frost, just after i planted them but that was 2.5 weeks ago. We have also had a ton of rain here in ohio. Should i cut them back and hope for new growth or is this a fungal problem, or something else. This is happening to all of the plants. Some worse than others.
tx for any and all help

Here is a link that might be useful: liriope picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liriope Problem!!

Does their soil drain well? Liriope doesn't like to sit in soaked soil. Excess rain isn't a problem if it drains off quickly.

What sun exposure are they in?

I wouldn't cut them back just yet. They can be mown down in spring, but it should be earlier in spring.

o

soil drains fairly well.
they are in 75% sun.
so cutting them back now will kill them.? or will there just be no new growth.

o

I can't answer that. I always cut mine back in early spring. That's early spring in a warm zone 7, and mine are in less sun, and very fast draining soil.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here