Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myback_garden

Yeee Hawww

myback_garden
18 years ago

I'm so excited..I finally found some Miscanthus Sinensis Gracillimus and some Stipa tenuissima(Nasella) "Ponytail's for my back garden..

I am planting then on Monday.:)

Does anyone know what a Yucca Heliopsis is?..I googled and couldn't find any pictures of them..It is recommended for partnering with the Gracillimus

as well what could I put in front of the Feather Grass?

all suggestions greatly appreciated..Thanks Deb

Thanks again to all who helped me with grasses that would work in my zone

Comments (5)

• Pudge 2b
    18 years ago

Perhaps the recommendation for partnering with Gracillimus is Yucca or Heliopsis (they are two different plants).

• wyndyacre
    18 years ago

Glad to see you found some OG's for your garden. Where did you buy your grasses? We found a great little nursery in Delaware that sells OG and Hostas.
    I started a whole flat of cellpacks of blue fescue this spring and gave them their first "haircut" last night. I'm invisioning a whole bed of clumps of fescue with a abstract sculpture of a horse in the middle.
    Did you receive my message with my address for the gourd seeds? I've been watching for your envelope, to send you some .

• myback_garden
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Pudge:I must not have read it properly..I'll check them again..:)

Wyndyacre:Is that John C.Young Design Ltd.?(AT Our Secret Garden) Thats where I got mine.Going east..into Deleware it is on the right just up the hill..after the downtown(about 5 stores)..lol
    Your Abstract Horse sculpture Vision would look awesome with the fescue. Do It
    I did receive your addy... thanks and have been waiting to talk to my friend about him planting them at his very large parcel of land..I just can't find any space here to put them in...He's away
    If I can't get them this year in time to plant I'll take a rain check for next Spring if that is okay with you..I'd love to tufa some of those leaves...and heck maybe I can make something with the gourd them selves..I have seen some gourd art(there is some amzing talent out there) Thanks Deb

• wyndyacre
    18 years ago

Yes, John C. Young Design is the place I was thinking of, just couldn't remember the name. Very nice place! Love the ponds and waterfalls. Did you notice the bamboo growing in front of the parking area? I want some! Actually, I have one clump of bamboo already (Yellow Groove) that we planted in a specially built box to prevent it from taking over the world. Like its' own little coffin! LOL
    If you want gourd vines just for the leaf, it's not too late to start seeds. They grow best in really warm weather anyway. You can grow them up a trellis also if you don't have room on the ground. Or you can wait til next year-that's all right too.
    Anne-Marie

• myback_garden
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wyndyacre: It is a great spot for sure ...and I did notice the Bamboo. Maybe he'll sell you some??
    The waterfalls are fabulous. They are having a class this Saturday May 28th I think is the date...on how to build a pondless waterfall..I was hoping to be able to attend but I can't. The fee is $20.00 from 9am till 1pm and everyone actually gets to help build it..(that would be cool)

I'm thinking I will wait till next year . I have some rhubarb leaves to do a path with and will be very busy with that...so I'll take a rain check on those seeds till next spring..and by then I may have some plants that I can split and exchange with you for the seeds(as everything is so young this year).
    I wanted to let you know that I think my Cortaderia selloana 'Rosea" is still living (one of them anyway) it has started to green up so I am leaving it to see what happens..That would be great to have at least one of them grow here even though it is not hardy to this zone..It is the pink.. Thanks Again Deb

Sponsored
More Discussions