Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fiber Optic Grass

Posted by krbeckett WV Zone 6 (My Page) on
Fri, May 19, 06 at 22:52

Has anyone used this in a grouping this year that has a picture of how it's used?

I bought some, and love the way it looks..just not sure what I'm gonna do with it lol.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fiber Optic Grass

no,but I just put one in a pot...I think they are way cool...(even if they don't perform as advertised as my techie teenage son observed).but also aren't sure exactly what to do with it. The tag says it gets 12-24 inches high and tolerates wet soil..so maybe on a pond edge, or with something trailing under it, or near some other types of grasses with a similar shape but different color???

o

I have seen pictures of fiber optic planted in a narrow pot where it weeps over the edges. I tried growing some last summer but it died when I let it dry out. It likes to stay constantly moist. My wife is growing some right now in a small water garden, so we shouldn't have that problem again.

o

Well, here's what I did with it... we'll see how it works once the trailing plants start trailing..

I had just watered it in this picture...

o

• Posted by josh z8a (My Page) on
    Thu, May 25, 06 at 10:57

The Fiber Optic plant grows well under same moist conditions as Equisetum and Lysimachia nummularia 'aurea' and looks great in same pot. I just keep clay pot sitting in deep saucer of water. I water from top. Often saucer will dry out but generally soil stays very moist. All 3 plants are hardy here, the Equisetum evergreen, the other two dying back to roots when we have a cold winter. josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ornamental Grasses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here